What do you want to do?
And Rajneesh started orating his enlightened journey to me...
here it goes in Rajneesh's words...
It was March 2022, and I was telling my life-journey story to one of my colleagues at my workplace in Noida. I was portraying my achievements by taking pride that I have done things on my own; hence it took time to reach here, or it will take more time to get there. My friend got impressed; however, her following line compelled me towards a contemplation mode.
"You know, you have struggled, and you fought back to get things done in your life, but you are/were just going with the flow," Suhani delivered this statement.
"What does it mean," I reverted, and at that moment, I became quiet for some moments.
I got a clear picture of what she wanted to convey. I was amazed by this insightful reaction. I wondered why someone had not asked me till now what I wanted to do. However, She was the first person who actually made me think in a different context.
I was using my defense mechanism and telling myself that I knew nothing about career context during my childhood. When I was in college, I was one of the best C language programmers, so I envisioned to write an algorithm and reduce the time complexity of all the data structure operations. But after completion, someone suggested to me why you would go for IT? It will pay you significantly less. Yeah, I changed my mind and came to start preparing for govt. Jobs. Now, Suhani's statement makes sense that I went with the flow.
One day, my life's second best Professor, called me into his cabin and asked me, 'what do you want to do? What is your long-term goal? I can see you are squandering your time here doing nothing important for future perspective,".
And now, I faced the straightforward question. I regret what if someone had asked the same question 10 years ago. I must be earning millions in any IT firm.
One day I was with another professor, and we were discussing something, and amidst these, all I said-
"I don't think I will be able to pursue Ph.D. from now as my age is saying something else. I want stability now to enter the second phase of my life.".
She firstly agreed and simultaneously said, 'I don't think so, only you should know what you want to do".
Damn...
Again same things.
And then I realized that there is an excellent contribution of your surrounding where you live. The people you roam with, the friend you hang out with and all those things that come into your vicinity.
Now, I spent some time on myself and pondered over my future. I sensed what I could do and what I should do. However, I understood that things will take time; hence one should not set a short-term goal.
I regret or feel bad about myself at one point why I did not happen to a place where people had a clear vision about their lives and future.
However, I am not the only person who had faced such a situation; there must be other people too. Therefore, do not get panicked; do not let any crisis happen. What transpired in your life can not be reverted or changed; hence start afresh, and make your life beautiful and meaningful.
Everyone has their own time zone, and our time zone may be delayed. However, take some time and ask yourself-
"What do you want to do?"
And do not be so depressed; Swami Vivekananda Ji became famous at an early age, and he also died by age 35.
Live longer, be happier. Steve Jobs says whatever happens, there is a reasonable reason behind it.
Do whatever you want to do, but do... because it is never too late to start again...

Wonderful thought, happy to read your article.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a story, which proves that "you" can write the story of your life!
ReplyDeleteWell done Manish, you will go really far in life👍
Thank you ...please share with others too....
Delete