My First Smart Phone

 

Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow, taken by my phone, Nokia 2700c


        My First Smart-Phone



I was working on my desk, and suddenly, my mobile fell on the sturdy surface. But my heart did not skip any heartbeat. I picked up the phone and only saw if there was any crack; however, there was no hairline. 

I still remember when my father bought me a Tata Indicom CDMA connection. It cost 1000 INR, but it had a talk time of 600 rupees; technically, that phone was worth 400. One day, I was fiddling with my mobile while I was standing. That tiny mobile slipped off my hand. While my mobile was falling, I had thought about many things. It was like my world had ended. My surroundings had become calm. In that one second, I found my world ruined. When my mobile hit the sturdy floor, my ear heard a heart-wrenching thudding sound. I had lost hope in my life. However, I tried hard to stop it before it touched the ground, but who could avoid destiny? 


I crouched and picked up my phone as soon as possible. By the grace of God, things were fine. Only the corner of the mobile got smashed slightly. My heart rate became routine, and I was in great happiness.


Nokia 2700 classic took the place of Tata Indicom. I had treated that phone like a fancy DSLR. It had a 2 MP camera, but who cares about MP? I appreciated every photo it took. The best picture was of Charbagh Railway Station, Lucknow. 

All my friends had taken my smartphone, and I still had my Nokia 2700c; they had created a WhatsApp group, and I was just the spectator of that group via another friend’s phone. And then, I got an internship-type job, which pay was almost 6000 INR.

Now, I started considering myself as a highly eligible purchaser. 

One of my cousins, who was working in TCS, had a credit card. I went to him and started cribbing about my Nokia, now that beautiful phone had become a pain for me. Its keypad got crumbled; still, I was using it because I had no choice.

My cousin gave me an idea of EMI, and a ray of hope came into my life. At that time, the Lenevo 6000 was on trend. The price was 6999 INR. 

He got ready to buy it for me on EMI, though I had started earning; hence, I could pay 600 INR monthly. That is another thing: I left the job after 4 months. 

And finally, the day came when I was holding my first smartphone. It was like a gem for me. I had already ordered tempered glass and a cover for it.


It was the third or fourth day of my new phone. I was near the first ledge of the marbled stairs.

The phone was very sleek, and again, history was repeated.

I slipped off my hand, but this time, I tried to save it with my foot, but instead of stopping my phone from falling, I mistakenly hit harder, and the third ledge of the stairs practiced Newton's third law correctly. 

I was so scared that I could not pick up my phone and see the screen….



You can Buy my new Book, Half-Melted.


https://rb.gy/ldy5o

Comments